Transition Houston's October 2012 Permablitz will be hosted at a private residence in Montrose. It looks like we may have tremendous weather for this one (cool and dry)!
We will meet for a light breakfast and refreshments at 8:30, then talk and walk the work to be done. Groups will then self-organize to do the work in which they are interested, and you are free to change groups to see what everyone else is working on.
- Build a raised garden bed and fill it with veggies
- Build vertical planters made from pallets
- Install a barrel to collect rainwater from the roof runoff
- Build a rotatable composting bin
The 'Blitz will conclude at 12:30, at which time all will gather for a potluck lunch to celebrate the morning's success!
Remember to bring:
- Insect repellent
- Clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Closed-end shoes you don't mind getting dirty
- Food for the potluck
- If you can, your own plates and utensils
(Even if you can't bring something for the potluck please come anyway!)
If you can, please bring:
- Pruning shears
Soil knife or sod lifter