The Transportation Action Group (TAG!) is a part of Transition Houston. We are focused on learning how to better get around on our own power and with public transportation. We also support the efforts of our local Transition-friendly transportation advocates.
We like to share great links, event notifications, and other information using Facebook's Groups interface. Join the discussion here!
- Attended community meetings to help advocate for trails, sidewalks, bike parking, and other sustainable mobility projects
- Invited Desmond Startin from Performance Bike to talk about how to gear up for transportation cycling
- Invited Peter Wang from Citizens' Transportation Coalition to talk about cycling in Houston safely
- Enjoyed two free bicycle repair classes at Performance Bike
- Invited Metro to discuss intermodal transportation and bring a bus bike rack so we could practice mounting our bikes on the rack
- Hosted a nine-hour League of Bicyclists Traffic Skills 101 class to get transportation cyclists travelling Houston streets safely and efficiently.
The Transition Houston Transportation Action Group (TAG!) has hosted speakers and attended events all year. In September some of us attended the 350.org Houston Bike to Party and Bike to Build events. Who do you know in the picture below?